Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Our Trip to Boulder City

We just got back from Boulder City yesterday. We were there for a week, and we could have stayed longer. We did so many fun things. It was such an eventful week for us to be there.

Rodney's wife Leslie birthed her seventh baby (a girl) on Tuesday the 22nd. They named her Naomi Clarice, and she is soooo cute! Rodney got to name her because he won their family bet by guessing most closely what she would weigh. She was 9 lbs 2 oz even though
she was two weeks early!

Ashley and Izzy

Another fun thing was Ashley's birthday on the 27th. She had some wonderful birthday news. Yes, Ashley is pregnant! And I was the very first person to know--even before Jordan. I dreamt that she had a boy. My dreams are always right when it comes to my own pregnancies, but I've never had a dream for someone else. We'll see if I'm right. We had a Woodbury famiy party at my parents house and went out another night to the cheesecake factory--both in celebration of Ashley's birthday. She is eating for two now you know. :) One of Ashley's favorite things to do is watch scary movies, so she talked me and Jordan into watching "1408" with her. That was my birthday present to her. It wasn't as scary as I thought it would be.

Ashley and Izzy at the Cheesecake Factory

Mom (Rose) and Benj

Benj, Dad (Bruce) and Rory

Jordan, Ash, and Izzy

Me and Izzy

Isabella chowing down

Benjiman had surgery on the 26th, so we were all praying and worrying over him. He's had a recurring ear infection over the past 3 years, and finally they realized that the infection had spread to the bones in his ear. They had to go inside his ear and grind the infection out of the bone (not a pretty picture--I know). When they got inside his ear, they realized that there was a tumor that was not malignant, and so they were able to take care of that as well. Everything went well, and hopefully Benj won't be in pain anymore. His pain medication was working really well for him--so well that he stayed up all night laughing rather than sleeping. I woke up a couple times in the middle of the night to hear giggling coming from his room. It was a riot!

We went to the Clark County Heritage Museum for trick-or-treating, and Rory had a blast with all of her cousins. Isabella didn't know what to make of all the costumes. She just looked around with a puzzled look on her face the whole night. After the festivities at the museum we were able to continue the fun at the Leavitt family costume party.

Little miss Rory as "pink" tinkerbell

Conner, Rory, Isabella, Wyatt, and Olivia (uncle Chris is hiding behind Izzy) :)

Grandpa Charlie and baby "pink" tinkerbell

Grandma Peggy, Leanna, and Conner

Garrett, Delaney and Tami

Delaney and Izzy

It's always so hard to leave good old Boulder City. What a fun family I have been blessed with!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That little baby is SO cute. I miss her so much already! (and of course my precious Rory too). I really hope you guys come for Thanksgiving--but I understand if you don't :) At least we'll get to see you for Christmas! I realized once you left that you're my best friend, and it's so fun when you're around. Come back soon please!

Anonymous said...

P.S. I love the pic of me, Jordan & Izzie. She looks like she's gonna throw the toy at the camera. Ha!

Danielle said...

Fun times in BC! (And so lucky that you got to be there while Leslie had her baby). It sounds like you did a ton of fun stuff. Well, hopefully we'll see you for Thanksgiving or sometime soon.