Monday, October 8, 2007

Gun Shots in the Night

The night before last, Glen and I awoke to the sound of gun fire right outside our window. There were two shots fired. I was freaking out and told Glen to call the police. He went to the window to try and see what was going on. He saw a Latino man walking away from our complex. The police arrived before he even had a chance to call. They were looking around the complex, and Glen had seen the guy leave so he wanted to go out and talk to the police. I wouldn’t let him! So, he yelled down from our window to the police what he had seen. We have no idea what exactly happened--if someone was actually shot or what? The guy was probably drunk and decided to fire off some shots for fun. We’ve joked about this apartment complex being the ghetto. Well, it’s officially GHETTOVILLE! No wonder the sign always says "NOW LEASING". Hopefully we’ll be able to find a nicer place that’s comparable in price once our contract is up. Aahhh, a day in the life at Kingston Place Apartments, the Hood of Walnut Creek.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've got to be kidding me! Great! You need to get out of there as soon as possible, that is so scary!

Anonymous said...

I feel like this is my fault because we recommended that area to you! Sorry.... :(

Celia Fae said...

Yeah, I heard about the killings in WC lately. Maybe you should move to Bwood. We only have gang related food fights here. Just ask my mother.

Becky said...

Gang related food fights. That's funny! And Ashley, it's not your fault. You didn't recommend this apartment complex. You recommended Walnut Creek, which as a whole is very safe and gorgeous! And we've made some awesome friends that we wouldn't have otherwise met. I've been meaning to thank you for telling us to move here. We just happened to move into the cheapest place we could find--which isn't cheap to us, but for California it is. We will most likely move once our contract is up. Sometimes it's worth it to pay a little more for the safety of your family.

Danielle said...

That is a little unsettling... but probably is just a freak incident (hopefully). How long is your lease (and does this really make you want to get out, or just makes you a little nervous?)

Becky said...

Our lease is over at the end of January. I was really freaked out, and am a lot more cautious around here now. But when we first moved in, Glen dedicated our apartment, and that always makes me feel like our home is protected. I don't want to go through the whole moving process again, but a big part of me wants to move to a different side of town!

amiee said...

Wow, I am so paranoid about that kind of stuff--I would have been way scared, too. LOL about you not letting him outside...I wouldn't have wanted Roob to go out there, either. I am such a scaredy cat! :) Hopefully it was just one of those random things. I'm sure it was.

Paige said...

Hey babe, even those of us in the big houses are deficit spending. Embrace it!

Sally said...

Becky! Call me when you start apartment hunting. I know a few great places in Danville, you would be in my ward and we can talk Ashley into visiting us all the time. :)