Monday, March 31, 2008

Friends

Here are some great quotes on friendship:

Friendship is a plant of slow growth and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation.
GEORGE WASHINGTON

Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into friend.
MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR.

To find a friend one must close one eye; To keep him, two.
NORMAN DOUGLAS

Always set high value on spontaneous kindness. He whose inclination prompts him to cultivate your friendship of his own accord will love you more than one whom you have been at pains to attach to you.
SAMUEL JOHNSON

It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.
WILLIAM BLAKE

A friend is one before whom I may think aloud.
RALPH WALDO EMERSON

I have no trouble with my enemies. But my ******(goshdarn) friends,...they are the ones that keep me walking the floor nights.
OSCAR LEVANT

It's the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.
MARLENE DIETRICH

I always felt that the great high privilege, relief and comfort of friendship was that one had to explain nothing.
KATHERINE MANSFIELD

Perhaps the most delightful friendships are those in which there is much agreement, much disputation, and yet more personal liking.
GEORGE ELIOT

When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.
EDGAR WATSON HOWE

A sense of duty is useful in work, but offensive in personal relations. People wish to be liked, not be endured with patient resignation.
BERTRAND RUSSELL

"Friends are the chocolate chips in the cookies of life"
ANONYMOUS

4 comments:

Super Mom said...

I love every one of these and appreciate the friendship we share. Here is one more fun one that a good friend gave to me once with a basket full of chocolate chip cookies . . . "Friends are the chocolate chips in the cookies of life" - Anonymous

Becky said...

Leanna, I love that quote! I'm so glad your my friend.:)

Super Mom said...

Me too!

Anonymous said...

These are all so true!