Monday, March 24, 2008

Isabella Claire is ONE!!!!

Yes, it's true. My little babe is growing up too fast! She's already ONE. They get big so quickly, it's scary sometimes to think about. Izzy's birthday was Friday night. We didn't have a big party, just the fam. We were going to go down to Boulder during her birthday, but at the last minute decided not to. For Rory we've always had a huge Woodbury/Leavitt family party, but it was kind of cozy having a little one. Although I'm sure Izzy misses all of her grandparents and aunts and uncles, she does have a tendency to not leave my side when we get around family that she hasn't seen for awhile. So, I don't think it was too disappointing for her to miss out on a big family bash. :) It suited her little home-body personality just fine.

First we had a little KFC dinner to start the evening out right.





Then we brought out the presents, which were a big hit!



And then we had some cake. The tradition is that I make the kids specialty cakes for their birthdays...
even though we just hack into them and destroy all the hard work within seconds. :) But look at those smiling, satisfied faces. It makes it all worth it!

And then into the bathtub they went. Then we all snuggled up together on the couch and put on a good movie. The kids were asleep within 5 minutes (SWEET!), we put them in their beds, and Glen and I snuggled up on the couch and finished the movie.

What a great birthday celebration for everyone.

5 comments:

Danielle said...

What a great cake! Happy Birthday Izzy!

Sally said...

Looks like you had so much fun! I can't believe Izzy is already 1. She is so darling, like her big sister. :)

Anonymous said...

Tell Izzy happy birthday from us! She is so so so cute & Rory too. Is Glen growing a beard??? How are you liking it?

leslie said...

rsHappy Birthday beautiful Isabella! That cake is awesome, Becky. You have beautiful children.

Valerie said...

I also have a tradition of making cakes for my girls, but mine are never that fancy. Which reminds me, I've got to come up with an idea for Alyssa's birthday next month. Do you know of any simple cake decorating websites, you'd recommend?