Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Beach Bod

Rory--Summer 2007

Today in my circuit training class, the teacher was talking about if we were ready for summer. I've been going to the gym everyday with my friend Angela, and my goal is to shed some pounds before swimsuit season. However, the weight is just so darn stubborn. It doesn't matter how much I exercise or watch what I eat, it just wants to stay put.

When the exercise instructor was asking us if we were ready for those swimsuits, a wave of nausea came over me. First of all, those exercise room mirrors are "fat mirrors". Second of all, ever since puberty there hasn't been a time I felt ready for summer and swimsuits--even at my skinniest. And finally, I can't even stand what I look like in clothes right now, let alone a swimsuit!

Now, I'm not trying to be down on myself or anything, but don't you just wish we could go back to those days of childhood where we could run and bounce around in our swimsuits all day without a care in the world. My aim this summer is to revert back to those childhood ways, and just prance around carefree in my bathing suit. I'm just preparing everyone for this, since I know I don't have anything close to a "beach bod". Watch out world. If people don't like it, they'll just have to deal! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becky...I've always told you to bounce around in your bathing suit because you're GORGEOUS! Just think, I will have a post-pregnancy body this summer, so there won't be any competition. You're HOT!

amiee said...

BEcky, you are freaking insane! You have one of the best figures I've ever seen, and a metabolism to boot! If I were you I'd be bouncin' around in my bikini all day long and everywhere I went! hhahahaha

Danielle said...

I agree with all of the above. And no doubt I will have a total belly this summer, so if you really do (which I doubt) you will be in good company at least!

Valerie said...

I am sooo with you Becky. My goal this summer is just that no one asks me if I'm expecting. (No, that's POST-baby fat). Anyways, no one will be looking at us, they'll be too busy oggling the teens and tweens.