Friday, September 28, 2007

Grandpa's Visit



Grandpa Bruce and Uncle Rodney came and visited a few weeks ago and Rory and Izzy just absolutely had a blast. On our way to pick them up at the train station Rory said that she wanted to go back to Boulder City with them. She was already preparing herself for the time when they would have to leave. I was tempted to send her back with them just so she could experience actually missing her mom, dad and sister. When we arrived at our place, Rodney had some work to do and so he went in Rory's room (the guest room when company comes) to do it. Rory followed him in there and kept him great company. She was telling him stories and showing him books and other treasures of hers. The next day she loved showing grandpa how she can do 50 piece puzzles all by herself. Grandpa played along with Rory's every desire that day. He also helped me out by taking Isabella whenever I needed free hands. He took us out to lunch (California Pizza KItchen), and then he was able to see Rory's preschool when we dropped her off for the first day of school. We had dinner in San Francisco that night and then grandpa and Rodney went to the 49ers game. It was sad for Rory to say goodbye, but she loved every minute of it while they were here.

1 comment:

granny rose said...

What a handsome snapshot of some of my favorite people! Does he ask people to take pictures of him with the grandchildren? He has way more pix with them than I do, and I usually have to ask people to snap the few I get. Maybe if I were as goodlooking as him, it would be an automatic happening for me as well. I'd better start fixing up!