Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween Wedding


Last week I made a wedding cake for a Halloween wedding held on Halloween night-something I never thought I would do.  The wedding guests had to go through a haunted house to enter the haunted wedding.  There were corpses, skulls, cobwebs (you get the picture) everywhere!  It was pretty morbid.  They had all kinds of drinks on ice in a coffin which I thought was pretty clever.  Rory came with me and Glen to drop the cake off and she was scared.  The funny thing about Rory is that she likes being scared.  She went through the haunted house twice and was really upset to find out we weren't actually staying for the wedding.  The bride and groom provided the lovely "love never dies" wedding topper.  

I'm glad there are people out there that will do crazy things to give us all a good laugh, cuz I know I would never do something like this!  But it was without question a lot of fun making the cake for such an occasion.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh wow... that topper is unbelievable... but the cake is the bomb!! You made it look so classy and beautiful (despite the topper).

amiee said...

I didn't know you made cakes??? That is funny about a Halloween wedding!

Anonymous said...

The cake was amazing and turned out so cool, despite the fact that it was for a Halloween wedding--wierd. You did such a good job!

katierose said...

i can't imagine getting married on halloween! it's totally something skaught would want to do :). love the cake! you are soooo talented.